The second part of the ISTEP+ will be:
Mrs. Griffis and Mr. Posey’s 3rd graders: April 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 24
Mr. Posey’s 4th graders: April 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 24, 25
Mrs. Gibbs 4th graders and Thornberry’s 5th graders: April 25, 26, 27, 28, May 1, 2, 3
Maple Pirates are ready to show what they know with an excellent performance on the ISTEP!
Attendance during ISTEP+ Testing is critical. Please make every effort to avoid scheduling appointments or being tardy. Once a testing session begins, we cannot interrupt the session for students who come in late. Students coming in tardy will have to wait until the session is over to join their classroom. It is difficult to schedule make-up sessions of the test.
How to prepare for ISTEP Success:
- Get plenty of sleep. 8 to 10 hours of sleep is the recommended amount for a school age child. Get them to bed a little early to ensure a good night’s sleep. Being well rested will give your child the mental energy for the test.
- Have a good breakfast. Protein, like eggs, meat, and cheese, will help children perform better than sugary foods, like donuts.
- Take a break. Help your child get some sort of exercise each day to increase mental clarity and focus.
- Encourage your child to double-check his/her work on the test. Often times, children will catch mistakes if they take a little extra time to check their work. Persistence pays off!
- Express a positive attitude about the test and confidence in your child’s ability to do well on it. Parents’ attitudes influence children’s attitudes. If you’re confident and encouraging about the test, your child is likely to feel good about it.